No Cunningly Devised Fables:
The Bible As History
Dr. Jan Smits
This book by Jan Smits D.D.S. is mainly a biblical chronology and covers Genesis to Revelation. God's Word is historic and reliable!
- History, dated 306 years later than the conventional chronology, goes back to the Flood.
- The Septuagint or Greek text is sometimes more correct than the King James or Hebrew text, but both have been corrupted.
- The ten pre-flood kings of ancient Mesopotamia have a unique biblical context.
- It shows promises (and curses) to Abraham are carried through in history.
- Biblical statistics tell a story, not merely satisfy intellectual curiosity.
- Nehesy is the pharaoh of the Exodus.
- Manetho, an author of antiquity, defined the Second Intermediate Period of Egypt, or Dark Age, from break-up to unification, and presented the pharaohs consecutively. He is rehabilitated.
- Histories of Israel and Egypt mesh perfectly.
- This book should interest both Bible students and historians.
- It gives a biblical view of the Israel-Arab conflict.
- Worship on Sunday is historical and biblical.
"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Peter 1:16, NKJV).
Softcover Trim Size: 5 x 8
Page Count: 162
About the Author:
Dr. Jan Smits was born in 1936, and remembers a lot of World War II in Holland. They came to Canada in 1954. Jan went to the University in Toronto, becoming a dentist and settling in Markdale, ON. He married Magda Trenkle, now his wife for 39 years. They have been blessed with two children and six grand children.